Photo Gallery

Carbon Monoxide Detector Alerts Occupants of Dangerous Condition - Steger Apartments

Friday, October 30, 2015
On Monday, August 15, 2011 at approximately 9 p.m., the Ocean City Fire Department was dispatched to 201 Dorchester St., the Steger Family Apartments, for a reported carbon monoxide detector activation. Fire department units met with the occupants of unit 5, and the owner of the building, who advised that the carbon monoxide / smoke detector combination unit had been activated in unit 5. Fire department units investigated with specialized air monitoring equipment and discovered elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the unit. Fire department units isolated the problem to a malfunctioning gas stove. No injuries were reported. The Ocean City Fire Department would like to take this opportunity to remind residents and visitors of Ocean City of legislation requiring the installation of carbon monoxide (CO) detectors in all residential dwellings where fuel-burning equipment is installed or operated. Fuel burning equipment could be gas water heaters, kitchen stoves, furnaces, dryers, fireplaces, wood stoves or engine exhaust. For specific installation locations, visit the Ocean City Fire Department, Office of the Fire Marshal website and review the code at or call the Office of the Fire Marshal at 410-289-8780. Those in need of a carbon monoxide detector or 9v battery replacement may contact Fire Department Headquarters at 410-289-4346.

Views: 323

Photo of the Day

Online Radio

Live Online Radio from Ocean City Emergency Operations